The Florissant Rotary Club has for many years funded and administered a scholarship program for students in our service area. The scholarship is in the amount of $2,000, paid for one year to the accredited college, university or vocational school the student chooses to attend. While this scholarship has a minimum GPA requirement for eligibility it is not primarily an academic scholarship. The criterion for selection does not include financial need. Instead, it is targeted at students who have demonstrated excellence in service to their community. We encourage all students that are eligible and have an excellent record of community service to apply.
1. The applicant must live or attend high school in the service area covered by the Florissant Rotary Club. This are is defined as the geographic boundaries of the Ferguson-Florissant, Hazelwood School Districts, Riverview High School, and North St. Louis County. Students that attend private or parochial schools but reside within the stated boundaries are eligible as well.
2. The applicant must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5 (on a 4.0 scale).
3. The applicant must have significant community service experience.
4. The applicant cannot be related to any current or honorary member of the Florissant Rotary Club.
1. The applicant must completely fill out the enclosed application.
2. The applicant must submit a copy of an official transcript or most recent report card to confirm the minimum GPA requirement (2.5 / 4.0).
3. The applicant must submit 2 letters of recommendation.
4. The application, letters of recommendation, and transcripts are to be MAILED (on-line applications are not accepted) to:
Rotary Club of Florissant 1650 Shackelford Rd #1188 Florissant, MO 63031.
5. MUST BE MAILED and received by March 15, 2022 (Postmark of March 31, 2023 will be accepted.
6. Successful applicants will be contacted by the committee during the first part of April, 2023.
The scholarships will be awarded in an April 2022 weekly meeting of the Florissant Rotary Club. Scholarship recipients should be present.